Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

"We make a living by what we get; We make a life by what we give"

So true. I love helping others, and doing nice things. It makes me feel more fulfilled than anything I could possibly buy or any possession I could have.

Its something my husband is glad I have taught him. He has always been a really nice, genuine, and thoughtful person, but now he is more concerned with how he can help or do something nice for someone else. I am really proud of him (sappy I know, forgive me). Now he always goes to help someone move, or get involved in the ward service projects, its awesome. I think we have grown closer as we do things for others, and we have become even happier. I think service is the true key to happiness and a life you can be proud of. That is the legacy I want to leave behind. :) And one of the many lessons I want to teach our children.

I just feel that people are too concerned with themselves & self involved and losing sight of why we are here. Especially younger people, they can't really see past the end of their own nose a lot of the time (or past their phone...ugh).

That's why I am going to donate blood tomorrow. Can that be my good deed for the day?

No comments: