Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words of Wisdom Wednesday Take 2

This one is an Italian Proverb.
"After the game, the king & the pawn go into the same box"

Being Italian I feel a little qualified to expound the meaning hahaha. When everything is said and done, when this life is over, it will not matter what you had, who you were in society, or what people had previously thought of you...you will be as everyone else.

I think people forget this more than anything else. Thats why everyone is trying to keep up with the Joneses, or tryig to perhaps be the Joneses. Its often too late when they find out that the simplest things are what mattered, and what made them the happiest. Hopefully I will be able to keep things in perspective, and remember that. I know I strive too, I just hope I never lose sight of that.
Cody & I have promised eachother that no matter how little or how much we have, we will NEVER be "those people", who care what they drive, how big their house is, what possessions they have. My life has never been about those things, and I hope it never is. :)

Whats your take on this proverb???

No comments: