Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Winding Down and Gearing Up

So I hit 30 weeks this last Wednesday...something I thought would never come. Yet, at the same time it came so fast. My sister Erin put it in perspective for me yesterday when she said I was going to be officially down to single digits. Needless to say, its a surge of mixed emotions.

I have already explained to a lot of my friends, I don't do pregnancy pictures. I think they are weird, and I don't feel like sharing with the world. So if you see me, you see me. If you don't, sorry you missed out. Watching someone's midsection inflate really isn't the exciting part of it anyway. It will be most exciting watching a little boy grow and do funny things. And I am sure we will post lots of that, because if he is anything like Cody and I, he is going to be quite crazy and do things neither of us can explain.

Little E is doing well. He has been very nice to his mommy thus far. (Yes, I just dropped a hint as to what his name will be). I can still reach my toes, yet Cody says if I keep doing it we might have a baby a little too soon ;). I have still been sleeping pretty well. He usually winds down with me at night, and then we both go to sleep, which is hopefully a good sign of things to come? haha I can hope right? I still have two or three pairs of jeans that I can still button and wear, low rise has been a blessing. I am still under on weight, but he isn't, so thats all I need to be worried about. My doctor says she thinks my body has done perfectly thus far and not to worry about not gaining as much weight as most. I eat like nobody's business, ask my poor husband. But E must take most of it, which I tell him as long as he takes it with him, we will be just fine. He's a good boy.

I gave my notice at work this week. Which was such a blessing. Cody calls it my early retirement. My last day of work will be March 18th. (I pushed it back a month so I could cover some of the other girls' vacation, aren't I so nice? haha jk). So I will start prepping the kitchen for the little remodel we have planned, and hopefully Cody will be able to start on tearing out and reassembling the new bathroom. We hope to have quite a bit done by the time our little guy is blessed. We will see what happens.

Cody has been crazy busy with his job. They moved to quite a larger building and he has been preoccupied making sure everything is organized the way he wants it. He is paranoid that if someone else tries to do it, it won't be the way he likes it. So he is home a bit later, but it gives me a bit more time after I get home from work to have dinner on the table af before he gets home. :)

Next thing to tackle is our hospital tour and birthing classes the next couple of weekends. Its going to be here before you know it. I still need to pick my pediatrician, crap! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

haha, i'm so with you about the pregnant pictures. not knowing where i'll be when i finally do get pregnant, there's a possibility that no one will know about it until the baby is actually born! =) I'm excited that i'll get to see you at your shower, at least, thank you for the invite! good luck with picking out your pediatrician!!

Ashley said...

This all was so exciting to read. I can't wait to see pictures of your little boy.

I'm glad to hear your doing fine though =) Have a good last 10 weeks!