Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine

(Not the best picture, but I like it)

I learned something a couple years ago, the simplest things in life make you the happiest. Thats why a little over a year ago we decided as a family we would keep everything in our lives as simple as possible. So this Valentine's Day we were thinking wether we would abandon that idea for our "Last Valentines Day" with just us, and go all out. But quickly decided, no way, that just wouldn't be our style.
So we tried to see if we knew some of the simplest things the other one loved. So what did Cody get this year??? Pastry! The bakery we used for our wedding is closed on Mondays, so I had to find an alternate this time, but Cody said it was just as good. The boy is a fool for eclairs and anything with custard or cream. He couldn't have been happier when I walked in the door with that box (1. because he had been trying to get ahold of me for like 45 min, but I wasn't answering my phone, and he called my work and I wasn't there. So he was starting to freak out, and 2. because he knew I had been being sneaky and knew what was in the box.)
I was told to change my clothes and put on a jacket. I got one of my favorite things in the entire world...a nice long walk OUTSIDE!!!! (if you know me well, you know the time outside, and good weather is what I miss most about home). You might be thinking, wow this guy is a go getter...(sarcasm), but no really, he couldn't know me better. That is exactly what I would have wanted, well that, and he took me out to dinner for one of my favorite meals. What can we say, we are food people! :)
But we quickly realized, sitting there enjoying our time together, how it wasn't our "Last Valentine's Day", but we get to add another member to our party next year and share with him our favorite things. I'm sure he will be a big fan of bakery treats and any amount of time spent outside. :) So I think he might just make it that much more fun. :) It may not be everyone else's idea of a wonderfully romantic Valentine's evening, but it was perfect for us.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYBODY!

No comments: