Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

So, for this Valentine's day, it was our second together, technically. Cody & I celebrated our 1 year as a couple on Valentine's day as well as the actual holiday. It was a lot of fun. We figured we would do something fun and out of the ordinary for both. We decided to go to California and spend the weekend together. We left on Wednesday after work, and came home on Sunday evening. It was a lot of fun. We had been wanting to go back to Disneyland, since we had bought season passes the last time we were there. So on Thursday we spent the day there, and it wasn't crowded. Since the freeways can get a little crazy, we took the scenic route of PCH (for those who are not familiar, its the Pacific Coast Highway that runs along the California coast). And we loved every minute of it. The water was SO BLUE, almost like the water in Mexico, it was amazing!

So that was awesome. We got to Disneyland, and were excited by all of the short lines. Space Mountain was only 20 minutes, 5 with fast pass. For those of you that go there often, thats almost unheard of. It was a great day. We had fun just hangin out and enjoying the atmosphere that Disneyland provides, without fail. We got to go on all of our favorite rides, and Cody got his churro, so it was a sucess!
Friday we just took it easy. We went to lunch at my favorite pizza place, Toppers. Picked my niece up from school, and hung out with my family. The girls had a blast with Cody, they cannot get enough of that boy. My mom made us and exellent homemade dinner, which I have missed so much. I love coming home! My cooking is good I hear, but nothing compared to my Mom's.
On Saturday, Valentine's day, we took the opportunity to be lazy. I took Cody to Rolling Pin, (the best freshly baked doughnuts...had to have it) and we went to Robek's for something healthy as well. It was nice. Then we just drove around enjoying the nice weather for a little bit. Cody & I went to Snapper Jack's for lunch, and then went to my sister's house to be with her and her kids for a little bit. For dinner, we went to a great seafood place right on the Harbor. Andria's fresh seafood is pretty much amazing. We love it.
We got some wonderful Lemon Cheesecake for dessert, it was wonderful. We are going to have a hard time trying to top this Valentine's day...thats for sure. But it will be fun trying!

No comments: