Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Purely Amazing!

So as some people know. I really, really, really LOVE Rascal Flatts. I own every album, I know every song...you know where I am going with this. However, I have not seen them in concert yet, well, until last night. Last year, when Cody & I were dating, Rascal Flatts came to town, and Cody, despite my love for this particular band, decided to go with his brother Tyler instead of going with me. At the time I wasn't very happy, which is probably an understatement...but I guess it was worth the wait. Thankfully Rascal Flatts came back to Salt Lake City 9 months later! And Cody decided to make it up to me by getting FLOOR SEATS! Yeah. Thats right, right in the middle of the action! It was absolutely amazing!!!

Above is obviously not Rascal Flatts, Jessica Simpson opened for them. Let me just tell you, I am glad she opened, because I could not have sat through 2 hours of her....She is really nice, but she is all ballads, and it was rather boring. But she is a sweetheart. I felt bad because people only stood up during one of her songs, and sat pretty quietly the rest...

But as you can see, she is not FAT like the tabloids say. She wore the shortest shorts she could find to prove it! She has a voice though. She just needs some good songs. She was pretty good, but not great. You can do it Jessica...just write better songs, and stop talking about Tony Romo & being "so in love" it gets kind of old...But she had some good messages about the power of God, and the miracles of prayer.

Ah, yes, the main event. The opening was crazy, I wish I had gotten it on tape. They really know how to put on a show! The backgrounds were nuts, and the sound was awesome! They came down from the top of the dome on this little platform seen above. I had a feeling thats what it was when I was sitting down looking up at it before the show started...


Ok. So I think JoeDon Rooney, is about the cutest thing ever. But man is he a talented guitarist! He and the fiddleist (sp? is that a word?) battled it out on several occassions. They were strumming so fast, it was insane! But as you can see, we were pretty dang close!

Jay & Joe Don rockin out. I didn't know how much vocal talent the two of them really had until this concert. Their vocals are usually overshadowed by Gary's powerful voice. But they really do have great voices of their own, and actually sang a couple songs solo.

The stage was set up all the way around all of the floor seats, so anywhere you sat down there, you were literally in the middle of it all. Joe Don ran around the stage shredding on his guitar.


During the encore. People actually left at the "end" of the concert. I could not believe it. Everyone always does an encore, its just how it goes....who leaves when they go off the first time??? Sorry if you do, but now you know better. You miss out on some of the best stuff!


Seriously, this is the best concert I have ever been to, and I have been to quite a few, in various genres. The show was just amazing, SO much entertainment! I would highly recommend going to one of their concerts when they come around. I know we will be going again for sure!
Oh, and for those of you that noticed, there are no pictures of Cody & I. I flipped open my camera to find that my memory card was at home, so I had to be selective of the pictures I took. My camera doesn't hold very much without a memory card...so we figured, we can always get another picture of us, but this was a special event that we could not just get more pictures of.
Hope all is well with all of you guys! Hope you enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Brand797 said...

I'm glad you had fun!

Jeff and Jess said...

looks like you had a blast! I'm jealous. it would of been a great concert! How are you doing? What's new?