Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Not So Lazy Days

Well our weekends are known for being the least lazy of our days of the week, probably.
It all started on Friday. I got to sleep in, but I can only ever sleep until about 9am, and then its a bit too much for me. I got up straight away, and started with the 5 loads of laundry I had to do. :) I don't mind laundry, its pretty therapeutic. But 5 loads???I don't know how we stacked that much up. There were so many towels, whites, clothes, jeans, sheets etc. WOW! Needless to say I got all but one done.
The part I do love is the folding and putting away. Because while I fold, I like to either, watch a movie, which is one of my sisters favorite things too (love ya Erin), listen to music (loud) or in this weekend's case I got to listen to a fantastic thunder storm and some rain. :) It was heaven.
Later that night I decided not to let a co-worker take the night shift from me, and I went to a get a few more hours of work in. I like the Friday night shift. Its very relaxing. I used to hate it, but I have learned to love it. I get to do my lesson planning for Sunday and get caught up on my reading. :)
I got home to a husband mowing the lawn, which he loves and listening to his ipod. Tasks and music? Who would have thought?
Saturday I think I got up around 8, Cody was not near ready to join the liveliness. So I got all ready for the day and started my last load of laundry. I think I had most of the house clean before Cody headed out to plant his veggies. :) He planted tomatoes, peppers, corn, squash, basil, cilantro, oregano, etc, and put in a new sprinkler system...I deep cleaned the kitchen, the family room, our room, the only room I don't touch is Cody's office. He is crazy, he knows where everything is, but to me, it just looks like chaos.
I got to leave for a little bit and went to my friend Jessica's parent's home. It was nice to go back to such a familiar place. Her family was my family while I was on my own, which was great. They always made me feel like one of them. I got to put some highlights in Jess' hair for her. It was nice to get back into doing foils again. I miss it, but at the same time I don't necessarily miss the salon environment. You tend to get caught up in things like designer clothes, purses, jewelry, etc. I wasn't a fan of all of that. I like my simple, fun, carefree life we have created much better. :) I do love talking to my clients and making sure they like the way they look! Jess looks so cute with the blonde, so I was more than happy to help her put it back in. Plus, it was so much fun to go hang out and play again. I had forgotten how much I miss her! Love ya Jess!
Kate & I 2004, this pretty much defines our relationship.
When I had gotten home I had to herd Codes back inside to get cleaned up. We had a dinner date with my good friend Kate. Kate and I have been BFFs since we were 12. Her husband is great, Cody and I love them both. It was good to see them again. We had a great dinner, Ry is a wiz at the grill, and Kate made some great sides. Delish. Thanks again Jones'! By the time we got home I was wiped. We both had been working hard all day long.
Sunday, and I have a love-hate relationship. I love Sunday because I love going to church, we love our ward, I get to teach Sunday school (and man do I learn a ton about the Old Testament that I never got in depth with before). And I get to hear great lessons and talks each week. But as the day wares on, I realize I am that much closer to heading back to work early the next morning...But it was a great day. It was a beautiful day outside. Cody got up and made me some cinnamon french toast, orange juice and fruit, yum! We got ready for church, and I had extra time so I baked some bread. Cody was in heaven. I made a loaf of regular, and some more cinnamon chip bread. The boy is a sucker for anything made from scratch! I got a nap in after church and I watched the sunset of the deck in the evening. It was great. Now I just have to wait it out til Thursday, when I can get back to our weekend routine.
By the time we were done with everything on Saturday, we already had a big list for this coming weekend. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

I did SOOOO much laundry this weekend too! Hooray for laundry day!

And, hey, are you still interested in tix for Eclipse. Can you email me with how many you want? We have a smaller theater than we thought so I need to nail down the people who have already said they want tickets, get $, and send out tix so we can get this all set up!

Jeff and Jess said...

Hey Ky, Thank you! I love you and I really love my hair! See you in six weeks?? ha ha.. Let me know what you would like this next time!

Bridget said...

it is crazy how fast laundry can pile up just for 2 people! i completely understand.