Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, February 27, 2010

My New Favorite Place for Breakfast

So my good friend Kiernan and I decided that we were going to go to breakfast this morning. Cody was going to be gone most of the early part of the day, so it was the perfect opportunity.
We were originally going to go to Mimi's Cafe, cause their breakfast is amazing...but as we were driving we thought we might want to go on a little adventure. So we went to a place Kiernan had heard about, but had never been called Eggs In the City. We weren't really sure exactly where it was, but knew the general area. So we decided to scout it out and just drive until we found it. After driving and admiring some cute little vintage houses, we found it!
WOW! My new favorite place! The atmosphere was so fun. It reminded me of home a little bit. It was a bit of a hipster, indie, small coffee shop vibe, which I love! (for those of you in Ventura County, think Old New York Bagel meets Central Perk on FRIENDS). The inside is kind of industrial looking with exposed silver duct work, and chalk boards, cute counter, bistro tables, and high bar stool tables. I just love the one of a kind places, not so much chain eateries.
Not only was the atmosphere awesome but the food was SO good. I got a Ham, Spinach and Pepper Jack Cheese omelet which came with some heavenly potatoes and toast. It was delish! Kiernan got this fantastic looking stack of pancakes with awesome fresh fruit and walnuts on it, and some yummy eggs. It was SO yummy and fresh.
The people that work there were real laid back and chill. Awesome. It reminded me of working the Salon Circuit back home. Which I miss terribly. You don't get a lot of places like that here in Utah, so it was a diamond in the rough! Its in a quiet neighborhood in Sugarhouse.
I love Sugarhouse. I wouldn't really want to live there, its better for people who are still living the single life, but I love to go down there and hang out in the cute little shops and the cute little random places to eat. Just gives me a little glimpse of life back in the Los Angeles area. I will be going back soon, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something different, with a sweet hipster vibe. Check it out next time you are in town!
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!
I know a lot of you back in CA get what I'm talkin bout! :) haha Miss you guys like crazy!

4 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

thanks for the recommendation, kylie! i don't think i've ever been to sugarhouse, or if i have, maybe i didn't know it...funny u should post this, bc we went to a couple places in the last week that were kind of like this one~ not a chain & definitely has character. and the food was awesome! :)

Jeff and Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff and Jess said...

Where is the place? We went to a Breakfast place by there but it's called A side of Eggs.(or Something like that) It looks like. It could be it! It was pretty amazing!

Cody and Kylie said...

Jess, its in Sugarhouse in SLC. Anelieze, when you come out next we should totally go.