Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

The day of love...

So this Valentine's Day we decided would be a bit different. No fancy dinner, no gifts, no flowers, it just didn't feel right this year. We wanted to kind of focus on other people this year instead of ourselves. The thought of buying more stuff for us, just seemed like a waste. Do we really need more stuff? Do I really need to get another bouquet of flowers? He does that enough throughout the year...So we decided we would try to make it better for someone else.
This year we chose Colette, for obvious reasons. This is the first Valentines Day without her wonderful husband, and I really wanted to just ease the sting, even for just a minute. So Cody and I took her two older children and got some flowers and a card for Mom. (Plus, I am sure Colette could use a little more me time). Cole picked the prettiest flowers he could find, and Hallie decided she wanted to pick the card all on her own. They did a great job! We got suckers to share with Mom and the other kids that would be at the house later that night. Cole & Hallie couldn't be happier. They both love and adore their mom so much, and they should, she is amazing. Colette has been a real example to me of what faith, diligence, perseverance, love, and selflessness are. She has done so much for Codes and I and we couldn't think of anyone that deserved an act of kindness more. Not to mention she has always been a great example to me in the past couple years, and a great friend and sister. So Happy Valentine's Day Colette! We love you! And don't worry, we made time to talk and tell eachother we love eachother between all of the chaos. ;)
Hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day! I would have to say that we did.

1 comment:

anelieze castrejon said...

what a great idea! this is something i've been thinking about, too. how can we get out of the "me me me" and get more into "everyone else"? because that's what's truly satisfying. i'm sure colette appreciated it more than you know!