Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Everyone Hail to the Pumkin Song

So needless to say, I am not the BIGGEST Halloween fan...crazy, I know. Somehow the allure to dress all skantily clad, does not help... I can't stand "those" girls, probably makes me dislike it even more. However, I do appreciate those creative costumes that are well thought out and are not seen very often. :) Kudos to you guys.
Anyway, this Halloween was no different from last Halloween (except the fact we are married this year, and we were just waiting last year), we weren't really looking forward to it. Cody and I aren't people who enjoy dressing up, or hanging out with mass amounts of people. So we planned to spend our Halloween with our friends (and Cody's cousin) Andrew & Allie. We got invited to a Halloween party a couple in our ward was having, so we drug them along. Andrew and Allie were so cute and went to the DI and found stuff, so they were dressed as a Cruise Ship Captain, and a Hula Girl...I on the other hand, took the easy way out and put scrubs on (which I wear every day to work) and picked up Becca's stethascope (I get the "you look like Elliott from Scrubs" alot, so I decided thats what I was going to be), Cody was my patient. I slashed up one of his shirts with a kitchen knife, and we fake bloodied up some bandages, and he had some already ripped jeans, so it worked out. (Like I said, we don't enjoy dressing up).
The party was quiet, and interesting. I don't really like going to things like that, but we appreciated being invited and thought of. So after that was over, we decided we were going to go home and eat our Costco Pumpkin Cheesecake ( I look forward to it every year), and watch a scary movie with Drew & Allie. We watched "What Lies Beneath", and I quite enjoyed my cute, dear hubby holding my arm and jumping at all the startling parts...he's so funny. So all in all, we had a fun Halloween night! :) Thanks to the Riley's and Andrew & Allie...but we can wait until next year.
But hey, I had an excuse to watch the Nightmare Before Christmas, so it wasn't so bad... :)

No comments: