Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I Don't Think I Was Meant for All 4 Seasons...

So last night, Cody and I went shopping. We both had been having a pretty awful day, so we decided after we were finished moping, we were going to go to dinner and go shopping. It was a much needed date night, and its great to hang out and just laugh!
Cody has insisted for about 2 weeks now that he needs to get me a "coat", which is kind of a foreign word for me. Lets be honest here, I don't really understand the difference between coats, jackets and hoodies. They are all pretty much the same to me. So last night Cody decided that was one of the things on our list to look for, a coat for Kylie. Seriously, the ones he was showing me that were "coats" just looked like inedible marshmellows. I would look like the Michelin man.
Then I would pick out ones that I would like, and Cody, to every single one I showed him would say "no, thats a jacket, you need a coat". WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?!?!?! I have lived here for 2 years now (scary, I know) and I still don't get it. And why on earth is this place inhabited the other 6 months out of the year anyway!!??? Its TOO freakin miserably cold, and the snow can be treacherous. (I was on my way to work this morning, and the thermometer read "36"...not cool).
I have lived in sunny California for 20 years...where 55 degrees is cold. I have a vast collection of hoodies that I would wear at night to say, beach bonfires and walks on pier...now I can't even walk to my car without freezing my buns off. So the conclusion I have come to is, maybe I just wasn't cut out for the ALL 4 seasons thing...I know a lot of people "enjoy" it, but I am not sure having to bundle up beyond recognition is what I would call enjoyable. Sorry guys. If you can come up with some not so puffy alternatives, I would be open to it. Cause I am seriously considering just being a hermit until it warms up. :)

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

I know just what you mean! I love the season spring, summer, & fall but winters here nearly KILL me!

I also am lacking in the coat department & I've lived here for over 8 years. I just avoid going outside much between the months of December through March. HA!

P.S. Did you get your tix okay? Sorry they got mangled in my pocket. Just glad I found them period! :)