Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

For the Love...(Disclaimer: kinda sappy)

It has recently come to my attention that not everyone has a connection like my Cody and I. Which, at the thought, I think, how can this be? Seriously, we have been told that we are a rarity. I just don't get it. I know so many people out there that are so in love and it shows. You can tell by the look in their eyes and the way they interact that they are just defined by the other.
On the other hand I have also seen people that act the way they think they are supposed to and it looks rather foreign instead of being quite natural.
Now I realize that I cannot take my relationship with Codes for granted. We have something entirely special and unique. We have the things that people long for, and we need to be constantly aware and grateful for it. I have quite a few friends that are equally as blessed as I am to have their spouses and you can just see it. And I am so happy for them and am so grateful that they enjoy the things that I enjoy everyday.
Like I say to a lot of my single friends marriage is as amazing as people say it is. Cody is my best friend, and I love to hang out with him, its practically my favorite thing to do. But it is hard enough to be married to the right person, I can only imagine what it would be like to be married to someone else, with doubt that I made the right decision. I had an undenyable answer that I will never be able to doubt and I am so grateful. A blog I read recently said it perfectly, and beautifully,
"We eat together, we play together, we drive together, we talk together, we sit in silence together, we pray together, we laugh together, we set goals together. We are together in every sense of the word. There are no words to describe how wonderful that feels. Man is not meant to be alone. God teaches us that, but it isn't until you enter into that marriage covenant that you finally gain an understanding as to why. And we're only at the beginning of that understanding :) To our single friends, keep becoming the best you you can be, for it will only make that beautiful relationship that much better when it happens!... God's timing is perfect :) It only took one time for our lives to cross, and that one time has turned into eternity :) "
It makes me happy to know that others feel the same way I do about my husband. It helps us realize that God truely knows what is best for us, and we can really see his hand in our lives even just by the people he brings into it. I can tell God knows me well enough to know, that there is no one else in this world that could make me as happy and complete as Cody makes me. :)
Enjoy your "other half"!

4 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

I read that on Bethany's blog, too and I pondered a little on my best friend & husband Franco, too. Thanks for your sweet words. I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying marriage as much as I am! You guys are a great example :)

Jeff and Jess said...

It really is a surprise to me as well that some people don't have the marriage like mine. I agree with the quote you have on there. I am loving marriage.

Marcie said...

I'm so happy for you both! :)

Marcie said...

P.S. It reminds me of what we had on our wedding napkins: "Happiness is being married to your best friend." It is! :)