Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 31, 2009

5 Minutes Peace


I have been thinking and praying and pleading for a sense of peace in my life. I just feel like there aren't enough hours in a day...Life is just crazy. Things weren't like this before I was married. When Cody and I were dating time didn't seem to go so quickly, but we also didn't have as many responsibilities.
It seems that I cannot get enough time to myself or just with Cody. Our days are filled with work, coming home and preparing dinners, nights at the cabin (I don't see Cody at all until about 11pm at night), school, Cody has mutual on Wednesday nights, and I have umpteen million things to do with laundry, cleaning, primary, extra curricular activities....WHAT HAPPENED!
It seems like our life has been in an upheavel, and we don't even have kids. It makes the idea of ever having children absolutely exhausting, which is probably one of the reasons we still don't want any, not to mention the fact that we aren't ready for it. And we have had a lot going on with family things, which have us unsettled...what a mess...
All I want as this point, is 5 minutes peace, like the book I used to read with my mom...Now I know how wonderful peace and quiet really is.
All I have really noticed lately is, a lot people are really selfish, inconsiderate, and self consumed, with no thought to anyone else or how they might feel. Oh well, I better get used to it, it seems we will be dealing with people like that for a VERY LONG TIME.
Heaven help me....

No comments: