Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

The 3 Amigos, soon to be 4!

I recently was able to go back home to California to be with my family for my sister's baby shower & Mother's Day. Needless to say, it was wonderful to be home; I miss it terribly everyday.
But as is the case with all my visits, the highlight is being able to see these three....

Emery, age 6
Fallon, age 4

and Rhett, age 9 months
Seriously I can't think of a cuter, funnier group of kids. They are the icing on the cake. I am torn everyday being in a place where I cannot see them growing up like I used to be able to on a daily basis. Its especially hard with Rhett. I was there for the first few years of both Emery & Fallon's lives nearly everyday from the day they were born. With Rhett, I have more fingers than times spent with this little guy, and its just not fair. And I am helpless when it comes to remedies for this.
Anyway, I was grateful at least that I got to spend time with my family. And I got to spend extra quality time with my cute boy, Rhett. Kelly had me babysit him for an evening when they went out with Randy's parents. So Rhett played in the bath, and snuggled with me for a while. He did not want to stop playing for bed, but at some point, I had to draw the line! So i reluctantly put him to bed. But we sure did have fun.Lucky for me, this kid loves me just about as much as I love him! :) He seems to know me, despite my absence, and I couldn't be happier about that. As you can see below. Sorry everyone, but I am the favorite auntie! (as far as I'm concerned)
Emery, Fallon and I also got to spend quality time together. We had a sleepover! Fallon, poor thing, but so funny, fell out of bed with a thud at about 2 in the morning. I picked her up, put her back in bed, and she just said, "I fell out" and went back to sleep...poor kid. Emery was a sport despite the fact that she was sick. But we sure did enjoy hanging out just like old times.




Well altogether it was a wonderful trip. But as with any trip I take, I pretty much cry the whole rest of the day after I get back to Utah. My poor husband, but man I love him so much for putting up with me. I wouldn't trade him, just maybe my location! :) Sorry I didnt get to see more of you, I was only really able to see Doug Bell and Jason Armisted while I was there. They were nice enough to stop by my house and hang out for a bit! Miss all you guys back in Camarillo, like you wouldn't believe!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Shakirra said...

So maybe I'm crazy, but the title of this post alludes to something/someone extra. Did you just mean that you were there too, or is there some thing you're forgetting to let us all in on?! Like how much you love kids...
I know I sound like I could be your mother!
Have fun!!!
Shakirra

Cody and Kylie said...

HAHAHA, Didn't I mention I went for my sister's baby shower? My brand new baby nephew was born yesterday! :) We have no surprises coming for a few years. If there was it would be in all caps and I would be just as surprised as anyone else. :)

Kelly said...

It was so good to have you here! Thanks for watching Rhett for me. :)