Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Visitor

So this past Thursday, my mom was able to come up and visit Cody & I, and stay with us. We were so glad to have here with us for 4 days. We basically just hung out, while Cody was at work on both Thursday and Friday. So me and my mom did what we do best, we shopped, and we decided to cook. My mom is seriously such a shopper, she likes to shop for other people, but she still LOVES to shop. We like to frequent fabric stores, and pick out things to go in our homes. So she helped me pick out some drapery fabric. Which I am now I can finally make my window valances, and my drapes! I finally found a fabric that goes well with our new couches, and the new paint we were able to paint in our place. It is so nice to have fresh paint on the walls in the colors we want. It makes it seem much more homey!
Anyway, so my mom also decided to take the time to teach me how to make her wonderful pasta sause. With our Italian upbringing, she was disgusted that I had allowed my husband to buy Prego pasta sauce. The true Italian she is, she doesn't use measuring cups, she cooks by smell. But she had to figure out the measurements for me to start out with. So now I have no excuses. I know how to make her awesome sauce, and she even bottled and froze some for me.
Saturday we decided to go to the Salt Lake temple and do a session there. We had a wonderful experience. It was a lot different than others, but you could definitely appreciate why it took so long to build as you are sitting in there taking everything in. I was very glad to be there with both my husband, and my mom.
Sunday, my mom taught me to make my favorite Sunday dinner. Roast & mashed potatoes. MMMmmmMMM! She had to teach me to make her yummy gravy too. I won't eat most gravy, just the kind my mom makes. So now I will be able to enjoy that without travelling 1,000 miles.
We had a great weekend, but it was really hard to see her go again. Cody had to walk my mom out, cause I couldn't control myself. SORRY MOM! But I don't really know why I was flipping out so bad, I am going out to Camarillo on Thursday!!! haha :)
But being the bad historian I am, I didn't take ANY pictures! Oh well! Good news though; Cody found our memory card!!!!

Hope all is well with you & yours!

3 comments:

Brand797 said...

Oh it sounds like you girls had quite a fun weekend! That is great you got some family recipes while she was here so now you can have a little "home" here in Utah! I still need to see your place!

Kelly said...

Take some pictures of your new place and your new couches for me!

anelieze castrejon said...

moms are so cool, aren't they? You're coming this weekend? I hope I get to see you! And yes--you must post pics of your house. our windows don't have curtain rods and i'm too lazy to install them--I would love a little color on my windows :)