Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

House Warming Guests

So after getting a little bit settled into our house we had quite a group of visitors. My mom came the week after we moved in to help me start painting, decorating and getting things organized. So my projects are getting checked off one by one. We painted all the hallways upstairs and my kitchen and dining areas (pictures to come) with the help of my sister-in-law Becca, my mom and Cody helped a bit as well. I am in love with my color choices and I am still steaming on ahead. Next will be my sewing room and Cody's office.

The next week we were greeted by both of my sisters, their husbands, and their children. It was so much fun! We played games, we went to the park, we went home decor shopping, we went to lunch, all the good stuff. The boys even got a round of golf in while they were here.
My big boy Porter and I swinging on the swings at the park around the corner from our house. He remembered me pretty quickly, such a blessing. He is such a sweet, cuddly boy. We love him so much.
The boys (Randy-married to Kelly, and Jeff-married to Erin) weren't about to let the kids have all of the fun. They got into it to. When they play, they play hard and as dangerous as they can. So watch out!
Fallon had so much fun playing on everything she could get her hands on. You can see Jeff in the backgroud pushing kids on a little contraption. They had way too much fun on that thing.

Jeff and Porter. Porter sure does love his daddy!

Rhett had gotten a little tamer in his old age...haha. He isn't as adventurous and fearless as he used to be. But boy does he like to laugh, mimic, and talk, talk, talk!

Here he is again doing it just like his daddy taught him. This little guy is all smiles and go go go all the time (as long as he isn't tired).

Here is Rhett and his Mama (Kelly). If he can't see either of his parents, he likes to ask over and over..."Where Mama? Where Daddy?" (he just started talking up a storm a couple of months ago, he was what they call "tongue tied" before. so after he got his tongue clipped, he talks like crazy). But he says my name and Cody's name super well, and he likes to ask where we are too, its cute. We were impressed. :) He also liked to chase me around the house. I couldn't get enough of this boy!
Here is Emery at the discovery center at the Gateway. They had to find something to do with the kids while I was at work on Monday. This place was a hit. If you are in Downtown Salt Lake, and you need to entertain children, this is the place to go.Porter watchin' all the kids. He is content to watch whatever is going on. Such a chill little guy, and he is super cute!
Emery & Fallon enjoyed the snow while they were here. It was their first encounter and they loved it. Here they are trying to catch it in their mouths.

Here is part of our backyard; that awful split rail cuts our yard in two...new fence to come...But the view is amazing at sunset, sunrise, night time, we LOVE it!
Porter wasn't as convinced the snow was a good idea. Here is his dad trying to coax him into playing in it. Not diggin' it.
We loved having all of our house guests. It was really sad to see them go. The house is really quiet and empty now. But we know they will be back. Thanks for coming you guys. And thanks Kelly & Erin for my awesome house warming gifts and all the decorating help! See you in 4 weeks when we are off to CA for some more fun!

2 comments:

carly said...

such cute pictures! it looks like you guys had so much fun! you have the best family, seriously!

Brand797 said...

Looks like a lot of fun!