Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"Enjoy the Fleeting Moments"

I have realized through the course of my short life, that most people are in a rush. They need to get this done, and then this, and then they need to get to something else. How awesome would it be, if we just took the time to enjoy the moment we are in? The phase we are in, in our lives.
I could have done with a little bit more enjoyment of the things I was doing say, 3, 4 , or 5 years ago. But I, like so many others, was in so much of a hurry to get to the next thing. Finally, at the ripe old age of 19, I decided I needed to slow down, take things as they came, and enjoy or learn from each experience that came into my life. I have tried to keep that ongoing, but sometimes I forget, and before I know it,I'm in a hurry again.
When I was 19, some experiences I had, made me realize that my life was in the Lord's hands, and my timetable didn't really exist, it was His. Sure, I can set goals, and plan things, and most of those things I can do on my own timetable. But not everything. A lot of things just happen when they are supposed to, and in the way they were meant to. Not necessarily when and how I would have invisioned. Like when I met my "Prince Charming", I didn't really plan on that, quite the opposite really. Neither one of us wanted to go that direction, particularly with eachother at that point. We were too busy enjoying the life we had at that moment. Which taught me the lesson again. The best opportunities come when we are enjoying what we already have.
So I got to enjoy moments like these, to the fullest.
Cody had surprised me with an "outing" and told me to wear tennis shoes. I had never even heard of Ensign Peak before that day. But it is one of my favorite memories of us. I think we had been dating for 4 or 5 months at this point. If I looked at my journal, I could probably tell you.
But I for sure remember this. November 14, 2008. One of the craziest days of my life. Sure, I enjoyed this day, but remembering all of it is super hard. So much was going on, and we still had so much to do that day. This picture was taken right before we finished at the temple, and I remember taking a wonderful, peaceful drive down one of my favorite sites, the Pacific Coast Highway with my brand new husband. :)
This post is mostly for my benefit, to remind myself not to get caught up with everything around me. But I am sure you can come up with memories of your own that you treasure, that you wish, would have lasted maybe a little bit longer. And as more come your way, you will remember to stop, relax and enjoy the moment you are in. It only comes around once! :)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Well said! Wait until you have kids and the days seem to drag and FLY by at the same time.