Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

7 Pounds aka Most Depressing Movie Ever!

Okay, let me just start by saying that this movie had a good concept, but I hated it. If you haven't seen it, don't read this, unless you don't care whether you know the ending.
First of all, I did love Rosario Dawson's portrayal in this movie, I think she did an awesome job.
However, what the crap??!?!
The first hour of this movie probably had me the most confused I have been in a long time. There was no plot for about 3/4 of the movie. It just seemed so spliced together and abstract, it was ridiculous.
We watched it with Cody's cousin Andrew & his wife Allie, who also happens to be a friend of mine. All the way through the movie we were looking at eachother going "what the heck is this". I had recommended it, remembering that my sister had really liked it. I hated it, I will never waste 2 hours of my life on that movie again.
Honestly how creepy would it be to look into the eyes of someone you loved, but they were donated, and now were someone else's eyes? SICK! Not only that, but to only be alive because the man you loved committed suicide, and now you have his heart in your body...WEIRD! And how much guilt are you forcing on that person...I just think that this director thuroughly enjoys depressing people as much as possible.
But another lesson learned, do not text and drive!!!!
COME ON WILL SMITH! I have hated all of your latest movies, "The Persuit of Happyness", "I Am Legend", "Hancock"and "Seven Pounds", I guess I should stick to your oldies!
So I would have to say this movie gets 8 thumbs completely down....by myself, Cody, Andrew and Allie! We had to watch "Yes Man" to cheer ourselves up before going to bed. Thank you for saving my dreams Zoey Danschel!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I am the sister that liked it. I mean, no it isn't happy and joyful but meaningful and it gives you something to think about. I like that in a movie. It depends on the mood though b/c sometimes you do just want joyful, easy entertainment.

Cody and Kylie said...

I guess it was good in the aspect of he tried to make up for the 7 lives he ended. But still, I don't think he had to go about it like that. I thought that was pretty psycho..And who kills themself with a jellyfish anyway?

Terri Lindsay said...

The Persuit of Happiness, is based on a True story.

Cody and Kylie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cody and Kylie said...

I know that, and I get why you would want to tell that story. Its crazy what the guy in the story overcame and how he made his life become out of determination. But I didn't like it and I wouldn't watch it again. It was a one time thing and redbox material.