Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

California

So we have taken another trip to California, this time for a bridal shower for me, and my wonderfully adorable nephew, Rhett's blessing. Here is a picture I stole from my sister of Rhett in his blessing outfit. How is anyone ever going to be able to say no to this kid? Really? I know I will pretty much not be able to if he keeps this up! Anyway, Saturday was the shower, and I would have to say it was pretty pleasant, (coming from someone who does not like bridal showers or any type of shower for that matter, what can I say, I just do not enjoy being the center of attention). I came out with a lot of things to cook with, which I was really happy about, because I have been worried about cooking and dishes and so forth. I had a lot of fun visiting with people that I do not get to see very often. It was nice.
Sunday was little Rhett's blessing. It was a little chaotic leaving to get to the church in Simi with me, Cody and my parents (mostly my dad), but we made it. It was a great day. We then went to Kelly and Randy's house for a luncheon and we basically just got to hang out with friends and family all day. It was a little overwhelming with all of those people in two rooms. It was also Cody's first experience with a lot of people from the family, so that was good for him. But we had to keep our visit more breif than we had wanted and headed back early evening to the airport.
All and all it was a good trip, but we had to get back to work and reality. Vacations are nice tho! :)
Oh, and we are now at 29 days! :) Thank you everyone for your nice comments on your response cards, looking forward to getting more of them!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you guys were here! Thanks for being at Rhett's blessing. We love you!

Brand797 said...

Youre nephew is adorable! I'm glad you stole a pic from your sis. I can not believe that you have only 26 days left. Soooo exciting, it will go by fast and pretty soon you will have been married for years.

Terri Lindsay said...

How long have you had my blog address!!! and you have not said HI!!! whats up with that?
congrats on the up coming wedding, I hope everything turns out wonderful. you look great.

I seriously can't believe you didn't say hi, and you call yourself a friend. see ya

Shea and Meghann Cheney said...

Hey! I didn't know you guys had a blog (found you on Matt and Mari's). Woohoo! I can't believe you're getting married!