Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Next Time I Have People Over...


These were just too cute to pass up. I am not a huge sugar cookie fan, I'm more of a chocolate chip person myself (but I'm not a chocolate lover either, who knew?). So basically I would be making these for people, not for me. I just love the look and idea of these.
I follow the blog Just Cook Already, they have amazing recipes and cute ideas. You should check it out. This was their latest dessert post.

Sugar Cookie Lollipops

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1cup butter
1 egg
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 x 5/32" SUCKERSTICK Paper Sucker Lolly Lollipop Sticks

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter for 1 minute in high speed.
Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix.
Let chill for at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 300*
Roll out the dough in small batches. Make sure the it's at least 3/4 inches thick.
Cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
Carefully put the lollipop sticks in the middle of each cookie. Only go half way up.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
Let the cookies cool completely before frosting and decorating.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Um, we're available if you want to try them out before your real company comes, (hint, hint)

Love you guys. And, where you been anyways.

anelieze castrejon said...

thanks for the recipe! these look great :)

Ashley said...

Okay I totally follow that blog too! I love it =)