Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update

Alright party people, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I will do a post later about our wonderful and long trip to California for those of you that are interested. Anyway, about the house. We have had second thoughts about this house in particular, but we know we are getting close to "the one".
Seriously, its like the steps to getting married all over again. You see this house and you think its cute, esthetically pleasing, just wonderful to think about it, and you know you could be very happy with it... Then it comes down to the decision, and something is off, and you just can't take that next step. Now you are looking for the one that is all of those things, but then it surprises you and ends up being everything you have been looking for, and feels just so right, and like yours, like it was made exactly for you! (Do you see the correlation now?)
We actually tweaked our location a little bit too. We decided to look in the town I have wanted to live in since day one of talking about it, a place I already know, and felt like somewhat was a little piece of home...Bountiful. We have found quite a few awesome options and reviewing the options with our realtor. Cody just feels so good about it now, I have always felt good about it, but I needed him to feel that way as well before we could move forward. I couldnt just force it on him and say, hey, I feel good about it, so lets just do it, it will grow on you...
So here we are, continueing our adventure, and wow are we excited. I cannot wait to have a home, an actual home. Not somewhere where I will have to share walls with anyone, or my floor is someone else's ceiling or whatever. I can listen to my music loud, I can jump up and down when we are playing the wii, or when Cody and I have dance party in our family room, ya its crazy fun. And we will have our own space where no one knows our life history because they knew a member of the family or something, they will get to know us for us, not just because he is so-and-so's brother, or went to high school with their son...ugh...I can't wait.
We are feeling pretty good, and know that its right there within arms reach, we just have to find it and make it our own.
Keep you guys posted! Pray for us that we find the right one, and the place where we need to be! We know we will be!

4 comments:

Jeff and Jess said...

Good Luck. I'm excited to have a house as well, but I think Mine is far off in the future! I wanna see lots of pictures when you do find "the one"! ha ha

Angie said...

Hopefully nothing crazy happens like you move to get away from everyone and end up in a ward where your sister's old seminary teacher is your bishop!

Kelly said...

Send me the link to the new house you like. I want to see it.

Kylie said...

Angie, what kind of a scenario is that?!?! haha. If we bump into SOME people that knows you guys its fine, it just sucks when your whole ward things they know you, but they have never said one word to you.