Our Joy

Wedded Bliss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Weak Sauce

Friday night was going to be absolutely wonderful. I got to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant "La Puente" and then it was off to a night at the movies. We went and saw "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince", which I have been waiting for since November, when it was supposed to come out. Dinner was better than I imagined, but the movie was lacking.
Its been a subject of conversation with my sister and also my sister-in-law. who both came to the same conclusion as myself. I just feel like they tried to make it more entertaining rather than accurate. I was entertained by the comedy but could have done without on a few things in favor accuracy. I just hope the last two leave me less disappointed. Lets try to stay true to the actual story...
The actors on the other hand, I think, did wonderful. They have really grown into their roles and portray them flawlessly. I enjoy the actors in these movies more than I do most. So that was the highlight for me.
Cody rather loved the movie, because he has never read a page of the series. Yet, when he found out Dumbledore actually died, he had to surpress a loud gasp...That actually made me laugh. But I am glad someone enjoyed it.....
Here is an article if you would like to hear more, I rather enjoyed other fans' insight.

2 comments:

anelieze castrejon said...

Haha, I just loved it because it's one more movie closer to the last ones! They BETTER do the last one justice. Though they left out a ton of stuff, I felt they did keep the important parts because the rest is just fluff and we can just read the book if we want to see it. It was a little anti-climactic at the end {all that work Malfoy did to fix the cabinet & then the death eaters didn't even get to fight? boo hoo} but I hope that's just an indication that the next one will blow this one out of the water! :)

Kylie said...

I am with you! I have high hopes for 7 & 7 1/2 (?). Since they have up to 6 hours to devote to it!